- Cases - climate-adapted building in Denmark
- The Danish construction sector
- Environmental regulation of buildings
- Local eco-building initiatives
- Links - climate-adapted building in Denmark
Herning - entrepreneurship and innovation
Herning municipality has a wide range of activities within energy and climate issues:
- Climate mapping and climate plan until the year 2030
- Climate network and local network
- Climate village
- Hydrogen exploratorium and experiments with hydrogen cars
- Dormitory building constructed as passive house with supply from hydrogen and solar power
- Several renewable energy activities in the area
- And a wide range of projects within the Agenda 21 framework with energy and environmental management, urban development and campaigns
The municipality has just been appointed as energy city by the Danish Ministry of Climate and Energy. The other five energy cities are Kolding, Copenhagen, Skive, Albertslund and Århus. The municipality participates in the Green Cities cooperation and has signed a so called curve breaker with The Danish Energy Saving Trust, inducing a 5% saving on electricity in the period 2008-12.
According to the climate mapping the CO2 emission per citizen is 4.9 tonnes per year, compared to the national average of approx. 10 tonnes per year, and the total emission of greenhouse gas is 8.4 tonnes per year compared to approximately 14 tonnes per year nationwide.